About Caribe Rentals
All of our apartments, whether in Isla Verde, Miramar or Old San Juan are our homes. We equip, decorate and take care of them as if we lived them full time. When we travel, we don’t like staying in a hotel room. Hotels are cold and impersonal. We always look for a place where we can feel as comfortable as in our home. Each one of our apartments has our personal touch. During the year, we reserve some dates for ourselves and live in each one of them. Why? Because we like the apartments, the neighborhoods and we simply just enjoy living there. They are our homes-away-from-home. It can be yours, too. Like us, you will feel as comfortable as in your actual home.
Our apartments are available for short and long term rentals.
Check-in and Check-out
- No early check-in or late check-out. There is a $50.00 late check-in charge (after 10PM). Check-in is at 3:00 PM. Check-out is at 11:00 am.
- If the guest does not vacate the premises and return the keys on the agreed departure date and time as stated in this agreement, guest will be charged a penalty of $50 plus a daily rate of $150.00, for each additional date the premises is occupied.
- The Guest shall use the premises as a temporary residence and shall not engage in any commercial, illegal, dangerous, nuisance or other activity that could embarrass or cause the owner to receive complaints from other guests/residents. Access will be exclusive for guests, no external guest allowed. If you wish to have a guest visit please inform the owner in advance.
- Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup. We provide hand, bath and dishwashing soap, two rolls of toilet paper, linens and bath towels. Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Guest must bring personal toiletries. We suggest you bring beach towels. Bath towels or linens should not be taken out from the unit.
- Our apartments are NON SMOKING. Smoking is not allowed in the apartment; otherwise a $100 fine will be imposed.
- Pets are not permitted in rental units under any conditions.
- With a previous notification to the guest by phone, email or in person, the owner reserves the right to enter the property if there is an emergency at any time. If the guest is not available the owner or his representation reserves the right to enter if need be.
- No one should be bare chest outside the apartment, i.e. the hallway and inside the building. A top should be worn at all times.
- It is expected that guests conduct themselves in correct and respectful manner at all times. Our apartments are in family orientated developments and any loud music, conversations, annoying sounds or disturbances are discouraged. Please avoid noise between 9pm and 8 am and try to be quiet should you come in at a late hour.
- Please save energy. All our apartments have individual air conditioning units. Please turn off lights, fans, a/c and all electrical appliances when not in the apartment.
Property Damage Protection
- Upon booking a small non-refundable property damage protection and a fully refundable security deposit of $100.00 will be charged.
- We require our guests to comply with the following:
- No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
- No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
- All keys and beeper are returned (when applies). A replacement charge of $100.00 will be billed for any lost keys or beeper. All charges accrued during the stay should be paid prior to departure.
- No linens, towels, decoration items, works of art are lost or damaged
- All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in dumpster, and soiled dishes are cleaned.
- Personal belongings: We accept no responsibility for any loss, accident, personal injury, medical expense or property damage caused by personal negligence or by any other circumstances beyond our control.
Payment of 50% deposit is required to book. Full payment of the rental rate is required 90 days prior to arrival.
- Falsified reservation – Upon check-in, a photo ID and credit card are required. Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
- By the Guest: A ninety (90) days notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than ninety (90) days prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within less than 90 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
- By the Owner: The owner reserves the right to cancel this contract with proper justification, in which case full refund of the rent and deposit will be refunded to the Guest when this cancellation occurs before the Guest has occupied the property. Once the Guest has possession of the property the Owner still reserves the right to cancel with proper justification, in which case the difference of the money already paid by the Guest will be refunded.
Hurricane or storm policy
No refunds will be given unless:
- The National Weather Service orders mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
- A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest. The day that the National Weather Service orders a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
- Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered,
- Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten their stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and
- Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.